Graduate Program at Colorado School of Mines
By drawing on elements of computer science, statistics and interdisciplinary applications, Data Science skills open doors to almost any field you can imagine. Mines’ rich academic and professional resources prepare graduates with a balanced education, preparing them for successful careers in industry, government or even further study at the PhD level.
#1 Best Value
College in Colorado
#2 Return on
Request for additional information
Fill out this form to receive more information about this exciting program.
Requirements and Costs
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, physical sciences, statistics, mathematics, economics or equivalent, with a grade-point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- All admitted graduate students must submit GRE scores prior to receiving an admissions decision. Mines accepts GRE scores from tests taken within five years of the date of entry
- GRE with quantitative reasoning section score of 151 or higher or a GMAT score above 640 preferred. Applicants who have graduated from Mines within the past five years are not required to submit GRE scores
- A personal statement explaining how the applicant’s professional goals, training and expertise are a good fit for this program
- For international applicants or applicants whose native language is not English a TOEFL score of 79 or higher (or 550 for the paper-based test, 213 for the computer-based test) is required. In lieu of a TOEFL score, an IELTS score of 6.5 or higher will be accepted
MASTER OF SCIENCE
- This program will follow a 3 X 3 + 1 design: three modules and a mini-module
|Colorado Resident||Out-of-State Student||Online Student|
|Room & Board||$16,700||$16,700||$16,700|
|Books & Supplies||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500|
|**Cost per credit hour||$925||$2,075||$999|
*Allowance for fees based on mandatory fees charged to all students. Does not include fees for orientation, library, yearbook, refrigerator rental, voice messaging, ect.
At less than 4.5 credit hours, you may be ineligible for financial aid.
- Data scientist
- Data architect
- Infrastructure architect
- Data engineer
- Data analyst
- Applications architect
- Business intelligence developer
Our Home is Golden
See what it’s like to live in one of the country’s best small towns, with easy access to the great outdoors and the thriving hub that is Denver.
From high above and on the ground, see what makes Colorado School of Mines, its campus and its people special.