Tadesse Weldu Teklu
Research Assistant Professor, Petroleum Engineering
Dr. Teklu is Research Assistant Professor in the Petroleum Engineering Department at the Colorado School of Mines. Teklu’s research interest includes experimental and modeling aspects of – improved and enhanced oil and gas recovery processes (IOR/EOR), rock-fluid interactions, transport in porous media, phase behavior, geomechanics, and hydraulic fracturing. Dr. Teklu has authored or co-authored more than 40 technical papers and journal publications. Dr. Teklu holds a PhD degree from Colorado School of Mines and an MSc degree from Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia – both in Petroleum Engineering, and a BSc degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia. During his PhD study at CSM, Teklu was involved in IOR/EOR research for Abu Dhabi National Oil Company’s offshore field. Teklu is a member of SPE, American Association of Petroleum Geologist (AAPG), Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG), and American Rock Mechanics Association (ARMA). Dr. Teklu volunteers in peer review for this journal (SPEREE), Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering (JPSE), and other journals related to his area of research interest.
- PhD, Petroleum Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, 2015
- MSc, Petroleum Engineering, Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, 2009
- BSc, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Addis Ababa University, 2005
Experimental and modeling of EOR/IOR processes, Rock-fluid interactions, Multiphase flow in porous media, Compositional Modeling, Geomechanics, Hydraulic fracturing, and Phase behavior.
1. Teklu, T. W., Park, D., et al., 2019. Effect of Dilute Acid on Hydraulic Fracturing of Carbonate-Rich Shales: Experimental Study. SPE Production & Operations, 34(01), pp.170-184, SPE 187475-PA.
2. Khaleel, O., Teklu, T. W., et al., 2019. Wettability Alteration of Carbonate Reservoir Cores – Laboratory Evaluation Using Complementary Techniques. SPE Res Eval & Eng., 22(03), 911-922, SPE 194483-PA.
3. Teklu, T. W., Zhou, Z., et al.., 2018. Experimental Investigation on Permeability and Porosity Hysteresis of Tight Formations. SPE Journal, 23(03), 672-690, SPE 180226-PA.
4. Alharthy, N., Teklu, T. W., et al., 2018. Enhanced Oil Recovery in Liquid-Rich Shale Reservoirs: Laboratory to Field. SPE Res Eval & Eng., 21(01), 137-159, SPE 175034-PA.
5. Zhou, Z., Teklu, T., et al., 2018. Experimental study of the osmotic effect on shale matrix imbibition process in gas reservoirs. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering, 49, pp.1-7.
6. Teklu, T. W., Li, X., et al., 2018. Low-salinity water and surfactants for hydraulic fracturing and EOR of shales. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 162, pp.367-377.
7. Teklu T. W., Alameri W., et al., 2016. Low-salinity water Alternating CO2 EOR. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 142, 101-118.
8. Alharthy N., Teklu T. W., et al., 2016. Nanopore Compositional Modeling in Unconventional Shale Reservoirs. SPE Res Eval & Eng, 19(03), 415-428, SPE-166306-PA.
9. Zhou, Z., Abass, H., Li, X., Teklu, T. W., 2016. Experimental Investigation of the Effect of Imbibition on Shale Permeability during Hydraulic Fracturing. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering, 29, 413–430.
10. Teklu, T. W., Alharthy, N., et al., 2014. Phase Behavior and Minimum Miscibility Pressure in Nanopores. SPE Res Eval & Eng, 17(03), 396-403, SPE 168865-PA.
Full list of publications found here: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=tqLJRA4AAAAJ&hl=en